Thursday, November 24, 2011

15 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 2 - Thanksgiving

Here it is, kids...Thanksgiving - it is THE DAY to think of all the things and people you are thankful for. I started my Thanksgiving day bright and early at the studio prepping for our biggest class of the year. We had 46 shining students filling all 3 rooms of the studio - so much energy! It is really something special to experience!! Every year the money from this donation based class goes to a charity near to our hearts...this year was for Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and in honor of MOvember! During November each year, MOvember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men's faces in the US and around the world. With their Mo's these men raise vital funds and awareness for men' health. Gina dedicated this class to her father who is undergoing treatment for glioblastoma - an aggressive form of brain cancer. And when we were asked to set our own intentions, I set mine for my dad, too.
Over the past two years, my dad has been undergoing treatment for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia and Lymphoma. It has been a wild ride and hard to watch at times, but I am happy to say that last month, the doctors stopped chemo treatments after positive blood test results and reported him to be in remission. His spirits seem to be lifted, his energy is up and is hair has grown back, but no moustache. :) So this morning in recognition of the men in our life who have battled cancer, I bowed my head, held my hands at hearts center and silently sent prayers of thanksgiving to my dad.
I'm so thankful to have spent this morning with my beautiful Alluem Family - always so moving and always so fun (as seen in the video below!!). And I'm thankful to have spent the afternoon with my family at home around the Thanksgiving table. We are so blessed to be together.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

For more pictures of our Thanksgiving Class, visit our Facebook page: Alluem Yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment