Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wanderlust - Yoga and Music Festival!

Back from what can only be described as one of the most amazing weekends of my life thus far, I'm on what they call a "Yoga High"! I spent the weekend at the beautiful Stratton Mountain in Vermont with several of the Alluem teachers and a collection of some of the world's most renowned yogis - such as Sean Corne, Bryan Kest, John Friend, and so many more!
I not only walked away from this weekend with a wealth of knowledge in regards to my practice, but I am also able to notice the light within me shining brighter. I often refer to this light with the Alluem Kids as our "Heart Light". It is the light that is within all of us that glows bright when we do what we love, spend time with people we love, and share our love with others. It's also used to send love to people we care about and people who need a little extra love - maybe even people we don't know personally.
I think it was said best in the "Play. Love. Serve." class that I took with Suzanne Sterling and Kerri Kelly, as we were encouraged to find our inner 5 yr old and set her free (which is really not hard for me at all!), in the quote we chanted in a woven human community circle - “Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground." - Rumi
How we live, how we work, how we play, how we show up in the world - makes a huge impact in our lives and the lives of those around us. Let the light within us be what drives us forward. Amen to that.
Just a few of the amazing lights from Alluem Yoga enjoying class with
Sean Corne and Michael Franti!

No comments:

Post a Comment