Sunday, November 20, 2011

The 15 Day Gratitude Challenge!!!

What are you grateful for? What are the things in your life you most appreciate? The people in your life that you most love? The feelings in your life that make your heart want to burst?
When you sit a group of kids down and ask them what they are grateful for you may often hear the usual toys, dolls, or the latest piece of electronic entertainment. While hearing that they appreciate these things is nice, it's even bigger when children can look deeper and find gratitude in more then just the material.
After a class of moving down our bodies being grateful for every part of us - our eyes that can see the beauty in the world, our arms that can reach out and hug the ones we love, our hands that can lift up a friend when they fall, our core that houses our important organs that we need to take care of to keep us healthy, our legs that help hold us up, and our feet that take us where we want to go. When we appreciate our bodies for all it does for us, we want to take care of it so that we can continue to do the things we love and go the places we want to go. The Alluem Kids know that when they come to yoga class they are doing just that. Taking care of themselves so they can be the best kid they can be!
After class, the kids were introduced to the 15 Day Gratitude Challenge! Over the Alluem Kids Thanksgiving Break, the kids are challenged to take their yoga off the mat and think of one thing every day for the 15 days of Thanksgiving Break that they are grateful for.
Day One was completed in class and I'm proud to say they have shown me that they get it.
Some examples:
- "Yoga. It helps me to find peace in my heart." (Why I Practice)
- "My house. Some people, like the people in Haiti live in tents." (Hope for Haiti Day)
- "My home. Because it's still standing after the flood." (Natural Disasters)
- "My Mom." (Bonding through the Tween Years)
- "My Best Friend." (Fall with Friends)
- "My bed." (Time for Bed)
- "My shoes. Some people don't have shoes." (One Day Without Shoes)
- "Peace in my life." (Create Peace Project)


I told the kids I would also be taking the 15 Day Gratitude Challenge and posting each day on the blog! So for the next 15 days...15 things I'm most grateful for!!
Please note, during the Alluem Kids Thanksgiving Break, the following classes are canceled for Kids, Teens and Babies:
- Wed, 11/23 - Alluem Little Kids - 3:45-4:45pm
- Wed, 11/23 - Alluem Teens - 6:00-7:00pm
- Thurs, 11/24 - Alluem Kids - 3:45-4:45pm
- Thurs, 11/24 - Storytime Yoga - 1:30-2:00pm
- Fri, 11/25 - Baby & Me - 11:30am-12:45pm
- Sun, 11/27 - Alluem Little Kids - 10:00-11:00am
- Sun, 11/27 - Alluem Tweens - 11:15am-12:15pm
- Sun, 11/27 - Alluem Kids - 12:30-1:30pm
- Mon, 11/28 - Alluem Tweens - 3:45-4:45pm
- Tues, 11/29 - Alluem Kids - 3:45-4:45pm

No comments:

Post a Comment