Friday, October 15, 2010

The Girl Scout Law



I will do my best to be honest and fair, friendly and helpful, considerate and caring, courageous and strong, responsible for what I say and do, and to respect myself and others, respect authority, use resources wisely, make the world a better place, and be a sister to every Girl Scout.

-The Girl Scout Law


Yoga is much like this. You do your best each and every time you come to your mat. Be honest with yourself, know what your body can handle. Be considerate and caring to yourself - push only as far as you can go. Respect your practice and the practice of those around you. Little by little, this attitude will help make the world a better place.

Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Since 1912, they've touched the lives of more then 3.3 million scouts, and that number continues to grow as the Girl Scout organization continues to inspire and empower girls across the US. This past weekend at Alluem Yoga we had our first scout troop come for a yoga class where they would continue on their path of growth by learning to move, breathe, and listen to their hearts. Discovering that Yoga means to "yolk" or come together, much like their own troop does, we moved through partner and group poses in support of each other. They sat through breathing exercises in order to truly listen to the needs of their own bodies. And of course, there was games, laughter, and fun!

If your troop would like to attend a private session at Alluem Yoga for an hour of yoga and fun, contact the studio at 908-276-YOGA (9642) or email: alluemyoga@verizon.net
Pick a date most convenient for your troop and if you would like to work on a topic to fulfill the requirements for a certain badge - such as the:
- "Stress Less" Badge - teaching girls ways they can relax using breath, calming music, and being in the moment.
- "Highway to Health" Badge - teaching girls to listen to their bodies and what it's trying to tell them, which is one of the most important part of yoga.
- "A Healthier You" Badge - teaching girls to develop good habits for a fun and healthy life through moving and playing.
- "Fun and Fit" Badge - teaching girls to sleep better, study better, have more energy, and just feel great!
So many options with a yoga practice - we can cater the class to your needs!

2 comments:

  1. Such a great idea. I love the brownies when I was a girl and I can still remember the brownie pledge (I think, it's different from the one above but I'm sure they've changed it in the last 30 years!) Taking these pledges helped develop character, I wish there was a yoga badge when I was going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And I hear ya....I wish I knew about yoga when I was younger!!!

    ReplyDelete